Views are a very powerful component of the overall Aptify system. They are organized displays of data that represent subsets of the records contained in a Service. A user defines filters which constrain the data in the view. Once created, views are saved within each user's profile to be used again by simply selecting the view. Views are similar to reports, in that they display a subset of data, but unlike reports, views provide a central way of navigating through the system allowing users to work with the data.
Aptify supports several types of views:
- List Views: Displays record data in a tabular format. See Using List Views for information on list views.
- Calendar Views: Displays record data on a calendar based on a record's start date/time and end date/time. See Using Calendar Views for information on calendar views.
- Chart Views: Displays record data in a graph or chart, such as in a column chart or pie chart. See Using Chart Views for information on chart views.
- Pivot Tables: Displays record data in a pivot table format in the Aptify Desktop client. See Using Pivot Table Views in the Desktop Client for information on pivot table views.
- Pivot Grid: Added in Aptify 5.5.4. Displays record data in a pivot grid format in the Aptify web interface. See Using Pivot Grid Views in the Web Interface for more information on pivot grid views.
- Map Views: Plots address data on a map. See Using Map Views for details.
- Gantt Views: Displays record data in a Gantt chart to easily identify resource allocations. See Using Gantt Views in the Desktop Client for more information.
Aptify supports several different operations to define how users interact with views and what information is displayed. This topic describes the viewing system operations that are common among view types in the following sub-topics: