For upgrading the application server with Aptify 6.2, please check the specific configurations detailed out here Upgrading the App Server with 6.2
Aptify allows an organization to use external servers to handle some system operations. One or more Application Servers on an organization's network can improve overall system performance by distributing the workload between client PCs, Application Servers, and the Aptify database server.
An Application Server is a network computer that has the Aptify Asynchronous Processor installed. This is a Windows service installed by the Application Server Setup program.
The configured Application Servers download and execute pending asynchronous Process Flow Runs. These runs are automatically generated by a Scheduled Task or in response to a particular system event (such as the creation of a new record).
Using an Application Server provides two primary benefits to an Aptify system:
- An Application Server can reduce the processing load on client computers. The response time for a client computer improves by offloading the execution of Process Flows to an Application Server.
- An Application Server can run Process Flows created by Scheduled Tasks. Scheduled Tasks are configured to run on a specific date or at a specific time. This feature can automate recurring tasks that occur at regular intervals (such as sending out a daily sales report).
The purpose of this topic is to provide the information necessary to install Application Servers in an Aptify environment. This topic contains the following sub-topics:
- Before You Install Application Servers
- Configuring an Application Server
- Installing an Application Server
- System Requirements for Application Servers
- Updating the AptifyAsyncProcessor.exe File
- Configuring Multiple Instances of the Aptify Asynchronous Processor
- Updating the Object Repository for Application Server
- Removing Duplicate Windows Tasks for Scheduled Views
- Installing Crystal Reports to Support Scheduled Views that Generate Reports