A company may have a parent company, subsidiaries or divisions, or both.
To specify a company as a subsidiary, enter the parent company in the subsidiary company's Parent field and save the record.
Tracking a Parent Company if the Subsidiary is in the Database
- Open the Companies record of the subsidiary company.
- In the Parent field, enter the name of the parent company.
- Save both Companies records.
Tracking a Parent Company if the Subsidiary is not in the Database
- Open the Companies record for the parent company.
- Click the Details tab and click the Divisions/Subsidiaries sub-tab.
- From the Divisions/Subsidiaries tab, open a new Companies record. The Parent field is already populated.
- Complete the necessary fields for the subsidiary company and save the record.
- Save the original Companies record.
Reviewing Division and Subsidiary Information
A company's subsidiaries are listed on the parent company's Divisions/Subsidiaries tab. Also, You can review the relationship between a company, its parent, and subsidiaries using the Divisions tab on the main tabs of the Companies record. The Divisions tab includes the following features:
- The browser displays the top-level parent company and its linked subsidiaries on the left-hand side of the Divisions tab.
- The persons associate with a selected company on the right-hand side of the Divisions tab.
- Right-click a company to open the selected company's record or add a new subsidiary.
- Right-click within the Persons section of the tab to edit existing Persons records or add new persons to the selected company.