Errors When Running the Aptify 6.0 Setup
If you experience a problem installing Aptify 6.0, see Troubleshooting Aptify 6.0 Installation Problems for more information.
The following instructions provide a step-by-step guide for the installation of Aptify 6.0 to a system that already has one of the following versions of Aptify installed:
- Aptify 5.5.6
- Aptify 5.5.5
- Aptify 5.5.4
- Aptify 5.5.3
Your server must be running Aptify 5.5.3 or above prior to installing the Aptify 6.0 update. There is currently NO direct path to update from Aptify 5.5.2 and below versions to Aptify 6.0. Any system running these earlier versions will first be required to update to Aptify 5.5.3 prior to applying Aptify 6.0 update. See Installing the Aptify 5.5.3 Update.
Important Pre-Installation Considerations
- Review Troubleshooting Aptify 6.0 Installation Problems prior to installing Aptify 6.0. This guide provides information on issues that you may encounter running the Aptify 6.0 or Aptify Web 6.0 setup. If you know, for example, that you have a required field on the Persons entity that does not have a default value, this will need to be resolved prior to install to be successful for Aptify 6.0.
Installing Aptify 6.0 on the Aptify sample data set takes approximately three hours. Depending on the size of your database, the installation process may take up to six hours.
- This installation can only be applied to a server running Aptify 5.5.3. If your server is running an earlier version, you must upgrade to Aptify 5.5.3 first before applying this version.
- For best results, Aptify recommends that an organization install service packs, add-on applications, and new versions in the order in which they are released.
Important Post-Installation Considerations
- If you are running one or more instances of an Aptify application server, you will need to run the Object Repository Synchronizer utility to update the application server's Program Files folder so it has the latest Aptify objects. The Object Repository Synchronizer is included in the service pack's Utilities folder. See Configuring Multiple Instances of the Aptify Asynchronous Processor for more information about running more than one instance of the Application Server.
- Run the U.S. zip code update utility on your Aptify server. See Running the Update Utility for U.S. ZIP Codes.
- Check in the API bin folder for the ConfigManifestForm.dll file. If the file is available, delete it. This file may exist on systems that have gone through a major version upgrade. This file is not required by Aptify SOA or Aptify Web – it should be removed from the AptifyServicesAPI bin folder if it exists since it will force your app pool to run in 32-bit mode (without this file, your AptifyServicesAPI app pool can run in 64-bit mode).
- Verify that the correct versions of Crystal Reports have been installed. See Verifying the Installed Version of Crystal Reports for more information. If the incorrect version is installed, see Installing the Installing the Provided Version of Crystal Reports for more information.
- Aptify recommends that you consider enabling SQL Server snapshot isolation. Review the information in Enabling SQL Server Snapshot Isolation to determine whether enabling this function would improve your Aptify environment, and if needed, perform the steps to enable the function.
- If you have an Aptify Mobile Point of Sales installation, you will need to run the Object Repository Synchronizer utility to update the Aptify SOA bin folder so it has the latest Aptify objects. The Object Repository Synchronizer is included in the service pack's Utilities folder. Follow the object synchronization instructions in Step Four: Configuring Mobile Point of Sale Post-Installation to update the bin.
- If you are planning on installing the Aptify 6.0 Web interface, you must first install Aptify 6.0 database updates. See Implementing the Aptify Web Interface for more details on installing the web interface.
Perform the following procedures to install Aptify 6.0: