This topic contains the following sub-topics:
- Installation Procedure
- Default Parameters of BluePay
- Additional Parameters of BluePay
- Testing BluePay Payment Gateway
- Known Issues
The following instructions provide a step-by-step guide for the installation of BluePay Payment Gateway component.
This Installation Guide is applicable only for Aptify 6.0 version and below. With Aptify 6.1 Bluepay integration will be done along with the Aptify 6.1 setup and no separate installation required.
Aptify strongly recommends that you install and test the installation in a test environment first using a copy of your production server before running it directly on the production server.
- Backup your database before starting the installation process.
- Log into the Aptify database server with an account that has administrative privileges.
- If you have not already done so, back up your Aptify database server.
- Close the Aptify desktop application on the database server, if currently running.
Download the BluePay Payment Gateway Installer ZIP file to a folder on the database server and unzip its contents.
When using low-end hardware, Aptify recommends running the installation program locally on the database server; do not run it over the network.
The Windows API requires that fully qualified file names are less than 260 characters. Aptify recommends that the BluePay Payment Gateway Installer ZIP file is unzipped in a folder close to the drive's root folder (for example C:\Downloads) in order to limit the possibility of exceeding the character limitation for fully qualified file names imposed by the operating system.
Browse to the location of the installation files, right-click the Setup application file, and select the Run As Administrator option to launch the BluePay Payment Gateway installation program.
- On Windows Server 2008, the Run as Administrator option bypasses the server's User Access Control (UAC) for the duration of the installation.
Enter login information for your database server. Specify an account with system administrator privileges to both the Aptify database and SQL Server. The user should also be tied to a Developer license to ensure that the setup can perform such tasks as entity creation when needed.
Selecting the System Administrator option when creating a user in the Aptify database sets the user to a dbowner in SQL Server. It does not add the user to the sysadmin role. You will need to manually add the user to the sysadmin role through SQL Server. If in doubt, check the user's permissions in the Security > Logins area of SQL Management Studio before proceeding with the installation.
Review the Installation welcome screen, the Aptify BluePay component Installer automatically identifies the current version of Aptify and components installed on the database server and displays them on your system.
If the component Installer does not identify the correct Aptify Version installed on your system, please contact your System Administrator.
Click Finish to begin the installation process.
- Click OK once the installation has been completed successfully.
- Launch the 'Aptify Object Repository Synchronizer'.
- Browse and select the object cache folder to '<site direcotry>/wwwroot/AptifyServicesAPI/bin'.
Select the 'Repository User' as a System Administrator user.
- Select the 'Select Objects for Synchronization' option.
- Click 'Next'.
- Select the 'ElectronicPayment.BluePay' object.
- Click 'Next'.
- Click to 'Finish' to update the electronic BluePay dll in the AptifyServicesAPI/bin folder.
- To update the BluePay DLLs in the e-Business bin folder, do the following:
- Launch the 'Aptify Object Repository Synchronizer'.
- Browse and select the object cache folder to '<site direcotry>/wwwroot/Ebiz553/bin'.
- Select the 'Repository User' as a System Administrator user.
- Select the 'Specify Sync Repository Object Record' option and select 'Object name' as 'e-Business' from the drop-down list.
The Synchronizer will identify the list of required dlls that need to be synchronized.
Select the ElectronicPayment.BluePay' and 'Payments' objects.
- Click 'Next'.
- Click to 'Finish' to update the electronic BluePay dlls in the Ebiz553/bin folder.
- Stop and Start the Application Pool Services of Aptify application.
- Log in to Aptify Smart Client with administrative privileges.
- Navigate to 'Order Entry Administration' application.
- Open 'Merchant Accounts' service.
- Find the 'BluePay' merchant accounts record.
- Open the 'BluePay' merchant accounts record.
Checkmark the 'Is Active?' checkbox to activate the 'BluePay' merchant account.
Make sure you use one active merchant account for one payment type to be aware of which merchant account is in use.
The fields related to the Fraud check within the Merchant Account record are not considered for BluePay Payment Gateway. The 'Fraud Check' based on the Velocity, Threshold, AVS/CVV, Card Issuing Country, and Negative Database (excluding IP) must be enabled through the BluePay account (Path: BluePay login>Home>Fraud>Overview).
- Navigate to 'Attributes' tab and include the below attribute values:
GatewayLocation (for example:https://secure.bluepay.com/interfaces)
- Username (Account ID of the user BluePay account)
- Password (Secret Key of the user BluePay account. The Secret Key can be found in the BluePay site>Admin>Accounts>List>Account Information)
- OperationMode (By default, the value is set to 'TEST' for testing transactions in Gateway. If the value is set to 'LIVE', a real transaction is processed by overriding the default settings.)
Set the 'Currency Types' to 'US Dollar'.
Aptify also supports multiple currency types for BluePay payment gateway. Make sure you create a new Merchant Record for each currency type.
- In the 'Payment Types' tab, add the required payment types.
- Save and close the record.
- Log out from Aptify Smart Client.
- Log into Aptify Smart client again and make sure all the changes carried out are shown.
If you experience any transaction failure due to network restrictions, you may need to add the BluePay IP addresses to your network whitelist to allow the communication between the Aptify Servers and the BluePay Servers and process the transactions without any failure. Aptify Support can provide you with the list of applicable IP addresses.
Default Parameters of BluePay
The following are the default parameters sent by Aptify to BluePay while processing a payment (Auth/Sale):
For detailed information related to each parameter field, see https://www.bluepay.com/sites/default/files/documentation/BluePay_bp10emu/BluePay%201-0%20Emulator.txt
COMPANY_NAME (only for company Orders)
IS_CORPORATE (only for company Orders)
- ORDER_ID (While tokenization of an order, the order ID value is associated with the transaction ID value.)
Be careful while adding the default parameters to the additional parameters tab. If you include any default parameter to the additional parameters tab, the default field value will be overwritten by the value provided in the additional parameter field.
Aditional Parameters of BluePay
The BluePay also provides the user with an ability to add the additional parameters to the default request which is sent while processing an order. If you wish to add any additional parameters other than mentioned in the Default Parameters in BluePay, see https://www.bluepay.com/sites/default/files/documentation/BluePay_bp10emu/BluePay%201-0%20Emulator.txt
Make sure you checkmark the 'Use Additional Parameters' checkbox to enable this functionality in the Aptify Merchant Account Record.
Testing BluePay Payment Gateway
For detailed information on how to test BluePay Payment Gateway, please visit https://www.bluepay.com/developers/testing/
- Transactions are approved where the dollar amount is odd (e.g., $11 or $13.20)
- Transactions are declined where the dollar amount is even (e.g., $10 or $20.11)
To simulate a CVV check, you must use the Address Line 2 (ADDR2 field) - When a transaction is processed with MODE=TEST if the first character of ADDR2 (in the transaction request) is one of the possible CVV2 response codes, that value will be returned as the CVV2 response value.
_ = Unsupported on this network or transaction type
M = CVV2 Match
N = CVV2 did not match
P = CVV2 was not processed
S = CVV2 exists but was not input
U = Card issuer does not provide CVV2 service
X = No response from association
In Aptify, if multiple payments are associated with an order, the total payment refund cannot be processed through Aptify Order Cancellation Wizard.
For example, if a $150 product has been purchased with three multiple payments ($50, $50 and $50)., the total amount ($150) on the order cannot be refunded through the Aptify Order Cancellation Wizard. The below error is also seen:
If an order associated with multiple payments needs to be refunded, the recommended approach is to cancel the order with the "keep on account" option on the Aptify Order Cancellation Wizard and then use the Aptify Payment Refund Wizard to refund the payments.