Within the context of the Motor Loaner System sample application, Motor Loaner, Inc. identified a set of requirements (See BPR 20: Automatically Send Damaged Vehicles for Servicing and BPR21: Automatically Determine If Vehicle Requires Scheduled Maintenance) that the designer addressed by creating a Service Ticket Generation process pipeline.
This process flow and event handler is responsible for automatically moving a vehicle upon check-in from the rental pool to the service department if it requires servicing due to either damage or routine maintenance.
This topic provides an overview of the steps that were followed to create this process flow:
- Designing the Process Pipeline
- Creating the Process Flows Record
- Creating Step 1: Check Rental Agreement Return Condition Rule
- Creating Step 2: Create Service Ticket for Damage Step
- Creating Step 3: Check Rental Agreement Return Mileage Rule
- Creating Step 4: Create Service Ticket for Service Step
- Linking Sample Process Flow Steps Together
- Creating Event Handler and Testing Process Pipeline