This topic provides best practice recommendations for configuring various types of membership products. It covers several areas: dues product setup recommendations, common memberships, memberships with companion products, and lifetime memberships. A variety of membership product configurations are presented with the order processes described, and the effects of the configurations outlined. The transactions affecting the General Ledger are also discussed. Knowing the effects of a particular configuration provides the organization with alternatives and allows them to select the configuration that best meets their business practices.
This topic covers the following topics:
- Dues Product Setup Recommendations
- Understanding Membership Products as Subscriptions
- Best Practices for Configuring Common Memberships
- Best Practices for Configuring Memberships with Companion Products
- Best Practices for Configuring Life Memberships