This topic contains links to the sub-topics that describe how to administer Aptify for Aptify version 6.0 and subsequent service packs.
The sub-topics provide an overview of Aptify processes and services handled primarily by the system administrator. Administrative tasks include setup of static data necessary for organization-specific business reporting, the configuration of users and groups, definition of entity and field level security, and so on.
These sub-topics assume a basic understanding of how the services within the standard Aptify system interact with each other, as well as an understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and general Windows functionality. In addition, these sub-topics assume a working knowledge of the mechanics of relational databases.
This topic is comprised of the following sub-topics:
Administering Users and Groups - Contains procedures for administering Aptify user accounts.
- Administering Applications and Services - Contains procedures for administering the Aptify Applications and Services.
- Administering Entities - Contains procedures for administering entities in Aptify, including common maintenance tasks and security.
- Administering the Object Repository - Contains procedures for administering the Aptify object repository.
- Using Localization Administration - Contains procedures for using the Localization Administration application to support the display of culture-specific text.
- Administering Search Attributes and Features - Contains procedures for administering the search functionality within Aptify.
- Administering Messaging Attributes and Features - Contains procedures for administering the bulk messaging functionality within Aptify.
- Administering Form Templates - Contains procedures for administering the templates that enable control of the appearance of data forms.
- Performing Common Administrative Tasks - Contains frequently used administrative tasks for Aptify.
Administering the Aptify Web Interface - Contains procedures that describe how to administer the Aptify web interface.
Administration for the Aptify web interface is performed using the Aptify Desktop client.
Managing Embedded Database Objects - Describes Aptify's Embedded Database Object (EDO) technology.
- Creating Entity Relationship Diagrams - Describes techniques for creating Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs) that reflect your Aptify configuration.
- Maintaining the Database - Contains recommendations for database administration, maintenance, and backup.
- Managing Process Pipelines - Contains information on the Aptify Process Pipeline infrastructure, which provides the ability to define and modify business logic and process flow through the use of a graphical user interface.
Administering Application Servers - Contains procedures that describe how to use Application Servers to managed scheduled tasks in your Aptify environment.
- Running Aptify from a Windows Terminal Server - Contains recommendations and procedures for configuring an environment to use a Windows Terminal Server to access Aptify.
Understanding Aptify Administration - Contains reference information related to the administration of Aptify, including descriptions of the Administration forms.